As the days get shorter and the temperatures colder, the time has come to think about autumn fashion.
I don’t know how it is where you live, but Dutch weather tends to be very moody, and you never know if you are safe from rain & wind.
I find it very hard (and a tad annoying) that I never know what to wear. Mornings and late evenings tend to be chillier, but mid-day I feel like boiling.
Besides having a bad effect on my blood pressure, this weather prevents me from planning suitable attire.
So I decided to look into some pieces that can help with the whole dressing dilemma.
- Short & midi dresses. The long sleeve options can be a great choice, as they can easily be adapted to different temperatures. I see that this season a lot of brands offer beautiful bohemian options.
- Lighter sweaters. Nothing heavy duty here, but I think a not so thick sweater is a great layering piece whenever you are not sure what to expect in terms of temperatures.
- A cool leather jacket. Do we really need to explain why? 😊
- Scarves. Perfect to add a pop of colour, or to serve as a cover when the weather suddenly changes.
- Let’s speak Trench. An indispensable classic for every woman’s wardrobe.
- A leather skirt. This is another way to add a bit of an edge to your look. You can dress it up with a silk shirt, or just go for a braver combination with a leather jacket.
What are your autumn essentials?